Hi 👋🏾, my name is Lloyd Miller and I'm a full-stack web developer. What this means is that I am able to handle everything from the database to the UI. My main technology is Laravel and with it, I specialize in backend work and API development. However, as a full-stack developer, I use frontend technologies such as Gatsby, NEXT.js and Nuxt.js. Here are some of the services that I offer:
- Web Development 🌐: Think about any website for any use case, and I can complete it in quick time. Maximize your ROI with a clean and professional-looking website.
- E-commerce Development 🛒: I utilize services like Shopify, Stripe, and PayPal to create custom stores and other e-commerce experiences on the web.
- API Development ⛓️: REST APIs and GraphQL APIs are my favorite things to make. They are the glue that makes different services work well with each other, and I make top-quality glue.
- Consulting Services 🗣️: Confused about how your project should run or what technologies to use? I can help you with that. I'll use my research skills to find answers I may not immediately know.
- Content and SEO Services ✍🏾: I've been writing since I left college, and no matter what I do, I can't escape it. I will make SEO-friendly content for your brand new website.
From me you can expect someone who is knowledgeable in using external APIs such as Shopify, Stripe, Twilio, and Zoom. With these APIs I'm able to build many common web platforms such as SaaS platforms and marketplaces. REST and GraphQL are my specialties.
If you scroll a bit more you will see just a few of the projects I've worked on in the past. You can also view my portfolio and side-projects on my Github.
How I Made a Navbar Component in Gatsby (React) with TypeScript, and Twin Macro
If you don't know what Twin Macro is, check it out! It's a great library that blends Tailwind CSS and Styled Component systems, like Emotion. I love using Twin because it lets me use Tailwind while separating my styling from my markup and methods. If...
April 29, 2021
Build a Simple Chat Room App in React with Laravel Breeze and Twilio's Conversations API
Many developers know that full-stack apps with a Vue frontend can be quickly spun up with Laravel Jetstream. What many don’t know is that recently, the Laravel team made it easy to make an Inertia app with Laravel Breeze. In this article, we'll make ...
April 28, 2021
Write Your Laravel Validation Logic Like a Senior Dev, Part 3
In one of my projects, I needed some DateTime-related rules for Laravel, such as preventing the creation of an item after a certain time. Laravel does come with some DateTime validation rules out-of-the-box, but sometimes you want more control than w...
April 22, 2021
Why and How to Make Traits in Laravel
UPDATE: I woke up this morning, re-read my article, and realized I missed something huge. The replaceClass() method is important in some cases, especially the one I detail below. My bad. That's what happens when you write an article in the wee hours ...
April 22, 2021